I did an earlier post on my top 10 wardrobe essentials, and like I said, combined with my top 10 accessory staples, you can make any number of outfits, simply by subbing in cheap, trendy pieces. Investing is a few staples, that will stand the test of time is essential to creating a fashionable, lasting wardrobe that can take you anywhere.
1. A black pump. Invest in a high quality, black pump that you love. You will wear them a million times with everything from a gown to jeans and a blazer.
2. A cute pair of ballet flats. Lets face it. Even the best of us can’t wear heels all day, every day. Which is why investing in a great pair of dressy ballet flats is a wise choice.
3. A bold bootie. These will get you through both the winter and summer months in style and will spruce up even the plainest of outfits. I’m partial to leopard print, but anything bold will do, I’m also a fan of the studded Burberry booties.
4. A sparkly clutch. I personally prefer gold, but gold is my favourite accessory colour and complements by skin tone best, chose a metallic that works best for you.
5. A big pair of dark sunglasses, a la, Jackie O. This puppies will be a life saver. Especially on those days you have no desire to put on makeup just for a Starbucks run.
6. A purse that holds everything. I love a bag like this when I plan to running around all day. I can fit my phone, day-timer, a water bottle and a snack and still have room left over.
7. A pair of aviators. Love these, they are the perfect accessory in the summer. Again, gold is my preference.
8. A bright scarf or pashmina. These add just that little bit extra to an outfit, especially if you are like me and tend to stick to white, black and grey for your clothing.
9. A menwear watch. I wear my Michael Kors gold runway watch probably 5 days a week. I love it, and I love the way it helps tone down a girly ensemble such as a floral dress or ruffles.
10. A statement necklace. This is especially nice with dressier outfits, although they look great with casual outfits too. This will be a lifesaver for your LBD.