I don’t like to wear too much makeup for my daytime look. I am of the belief that simpler is better. During the day these five beauty products are my must have staples:
1. Philosophy Hope in a Jar face cream: smells kind of bad, but my skin loves it, you can buy it at Sephora and the Bay.
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in Amused: Blends nicely. and I love a bright blush with my complexion, I buy this at Sephora.
3. Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black: This is a cult classic, drugstore find that many makeup artists use, and for $4.95 at most drugstores how can you go wrong!
4. Burts Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate: I have super dry lips, especially in the winter, and I don’t think that I look that great with a very strong lip colour so this is a favourite of mine, the pomegranate gives just a hint of berry colour that I love, you can buy this at most drug stores.
5. Benefit Bo-ing Industrial Strength Concealer: Love, love, love this stuff. Covers even the darkest under-eye circles. You can buy this at Sephora.
So, I have a hair appointment on the 20th and I have yet to decide whether or not I want to get bangs. The majority of celebrities whose hair I admire do not have bangs, however I can’t pull off the middle part…I’ve tried, it doesn’t work.
What to do, what to do? What do you think?
A new year, a new start. While New Year’s resolutions may be cliché, I think it is refreshing to realize your goals, put them down on paper and start holding yourself accountable to them. The goals and resolutions need to be measurable and attainable, so I am going to try to stay away from vague statements by backing them up with real objectives, so, here it goes:
Live a healthier life (I know, so original hey!)
- Work out a minimum of 2-3 times per week
- Start everyday with a large glass of cold water
- Replace juice, energy drinks and pop with water (and lemon if flavour needed)
- Eat at least 5 salads per week (try for spinach)
- Take my iron and vitamins daily
- No more than 2 alcoholic drinks in total on weeknights
- Make sure teeth are always white (stupid coffee and red wine!)
- Get out of the house more often!
Put more effort into my appearance
- Wear heels more often (let’s say at least 2 days per week minimum)
- Wear dresses and skirts more often (let’s say at least 2 days per week minimum)
- Do my hair, cannot wear it just strait or in a pony more than 3 times per week
- Get regular haircuts (every 6-8 weeks)
- Do a hair mask at least once per week
- Try to maintain a manicure and pedicure
- Try to maintain brow shaping/tinting
Spend less money
- Eat out breakfast and lunch less on workdays
- Shop less
- Buy less liquor
- Grocery shop more wisely
- Buy less unnecessary groupons