I love a good drink in the summer. Fruit is fresh, the sun is hot and a fruity drink just hits the spot so well. Here are five drinks sure to make your backyard the place to be this summer. All drinks found on Pinterest.
Blood Orange Margarita (Makes 1 drink)
- 3 oz fresh Blood Orange Juice
- 2 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- splash of agave nectar (syrup)
1. Rub the rim of a glass with an edge of a blood orange slice. Swirl the rim through a small pile of sea salt to salt the rim.
2. Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, add ice and shake for 15 seconds.
3. Put a few cubes of ice in your glass. Strain the cocktail into the glass and enjoy.
Electric Lemonade (Makes 1 drink)
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz blue curacao
- Lemonade to taste (I like Simply Lemonade best)
1. Add a handful of ice to a tall glass
2. Add blue curacao and vodka
3. Top off with lemonade to taste
Pink Grapefruit Maragrita (Makes 4 drinks)
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 cup triple sec
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1 lime cut in wedges
1. Rub the rim of an old fashioned glass with an edge of a lime slice. Swirl the rim through a small pile of sea salt to salt the rim.
2. Combine the grapefruit juice, lime juice, triple sec and ice in a blender.
3. Pour into a large pitcher (or just keep it in the blender) and pour in the tequila, stir.
4. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve!
Strawberry Champagne Spritzers (Makes 1 pitcher)
- 1 bottle Sake – any kind will do
- 1 bottle Champagne
- 1 pint strawberries
- 6 meyer lemons
- 3-4 springs of mint
- Vanilla Stevia
1. Slice your strawberries into vertical slivers, tear mint leaves roughly, and add both to a large pitcher.
2. Squeeze the juice of 6 meyer lemons and gently muddle (muddle = mash) the ingredients using a wooden spoon.
3. Add equal parts sake & champagne, and lots of ice.
4. Squeeze a dropper full of vanilla stevia into each glass before serving.
Strawberry Watermelon Mojito (Makes 1 pitcher)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 15-20 fresh mint leaves (amount depends on the size of leaves)
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 cups watermelon, 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup strawberries, halved or quartered
- 6 oz light rum
1. In a large pitcher, combine sugar, mint leaves, and lime juice. Muddle the mint leaves with the end of a wooden spatula.
2. Fill the blender with watermelon and then add strawberries. Blend until smooth and combined.
3. Pour watermelon mixture into the pitcher. Add rum and stir well until combined. Serve in chilled glasses and enjoy!