Okay, so I just saw some items from H&M’s new luxury collection and my credit card just ran away in fear. I want it all! So, gorgeous, good job H&M. For those who can actually run out to go buy everything, the collection launches on April 12th. Here are my six favourite pieces that I am coveting.
1. Recycled Polyester Shift $80
2. Organic Cotton Minidress $70
3. Organic Cotton Blazer $60
4. Recycled Polyester Skirt $30
5. Recycled Polyester Crepe Dress with Floral Embroidery $199
6. Organic Cotton Top $30
This next look is what I would wear if I were going to the club on St. Patrick’s Day. There are a ton of parties to go to, especially with St. Patty’s Day falling on a Saturday this year, and I’m sure if you’re going out, you want to look like you’re full of Irish spirit. It’s a bit hard to tell in this photo, but this skirt is actually a dark green. If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll know I’m partial to glitter and sparkle. So I love this skirt. Again, a festive and toned down way to add some St. Patty’s Day cheer to your outfit is some layered charms and necklaces.
Want to sound like the smartest person in the bar? Here are some fun St. Patrick’s Day facts I found while snooping on the web:
- The actual color of St. Patrick is blue. Green became associated with St. Patrick’s Day during the 19th century.
- The very first St. Patrick’s Day parade was not in Ireland. It was in Boston in 1737.
- In Chicago, on St. Patrick’s Day, the rivers are dyed green.
- The phrase, “Drowning the Shamrock” is from the custom of floating the shamrock on the top of whiskey before drinking it. The Irish believe that if you keep the custom, then you will have a prosperous year.