After a weekend of eating snacks, treats, pub food and beer I am craving a healthy and light dinner tonight. On nights like this I like to throw some chicken on the BBQ and make a fresh, tasty spinach salad. Here’s what I put in mine:
- ¼ medium sized red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 bunches baby organic spinach, rinsed
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup almond slices, toasted
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 large chicken breast, grilled and cut
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
- For a different flavour combination, replace the almonds and blue cheese with pecans and goat cheese.
- Pairs nicely with a crisp white wine. I like Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio (see my review here)
Does anyone else have a go-to healthy meal they’d like to share? If so leave your recipe in the comments!