Sangria is one of my all-time favourite drinks to make in the summer. If I am ever hosting a party or backyard BBQ, it’s my go-to contribution. It’s relatively simple, refreshing and lots of people enjoy it. Sangria is quite flexible, in that you can use what you have in the house. I’ve tried it using different types of wine, fruit and fizzy drinks, and I always like the outcome. My favourite recipe is this though:
- Two bottles of red wine (buy something cheap, you don’t really notice quality)
- Four shots of Triple Sec
- Two lemons, cut into slices
- Two limes, cut into slices
- Two oranges, cut into slices
- One large bag of frozen mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries)
- One bottle of lemon-lime pop
Add all of your fruit (fresh and frozen) into a large pitcher. Next add the Triple Sec and wine. It is best to let the flavours soak together as long as possible. Right before you are about to serve, add in your pop and ice and you are good to go.
Does anyone else have a favourite drink that they like to make for parties, or a different Sangria recipe you think I should try? Let me know in the comments!